We had a great time getting the guys ready for this year’s Womanless Beauty Pageant held on Saturday, March 29 at Kelly’s Outer Banks Restaurant and Tavern and organized by Brindley Beach Vacations and Sales. Following are links to an article and video of the guys getting ready at Style Divita and highlights of their performances!
The pageant, which features local male “celebrities” dressed and performing as women, raised an over $76,000 – the most ever in the event’s four-year history! Local charities are chosen by each participant. The entrant who raises the most money is crowned the queen. The 2014 Charity Queen is Richard Bruce, who raised $19,000 for the Beach Food Pantry.
Other award winners were:
- Ms. Congeniality – Greg Florence of Dare to Learn as Flo D’Licious
- Best Legs – Chris Vlahos of Barefoot Bernie’s as Berniedette TWO YEARS IN A ROW
- Alexander McQueen Wardrobe Award (best costume) – Jay Ammons as Jilly VonGuttentight
- Jimmy Chu’s “I can walk in these shoes” Award – Ryan Henderson of the YMCA as Juwanna Mann
- Best Talent – Richard Bruce of Pigman’s as Lotta Love
- Cover Girl Make-up Award- Philip Foreman of Brew Thru as Phil-once’
- Maybeline Best Lips Award – Mike Dianna of Mike Dianna’s Grill Room as Harrietta The Bearded Lady
- Dolly Parton’s Best Rack- Scott Midgette of Renovations OBX as Sharin Everything
- Farrah Fawcett Best Hair – Kenny Hyman of Trio as Lady Champagne
- Junk In The Trunk Booty Award – Christian Benedi of Max Radio of North Carolina/Beach 104 as Leah Patra
News and Video Credit: Outer Banks Voice.
Style Divita is honored to be able to help support the 4th Annual Womanless Beauty Pageant sponsored by Brindley Beach Vacation and Sales. This year’s event will be held at Kelly’s Outer Banks Restaurant and Tavern on Saturday, March 29, 2014 from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., with doors opening at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $50 and sell out fast. There may be a few still available; please let us know if you need any and we can try and get them for you. If you can’t attend, you can still donate to one or more of the gentlemen below, and the great causes they are supporting, by visiting the Womanless Beauty Pageant’s Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Womanless.Beauty.Pageant.
The team at Style Divita is providing the hair and make services for each of the contestants in this great event!
The following charities will be represented at this year’s event:
Jay Ammons Relay For Life (American Cancer Society)
Scott Midgett OBX Project Purple
Chris Vlahos Surfing For Autism
Mike Dianna Corolla Wild Horse Fund
Kenny Hyman OBX SPCA
Greg Florence Dare Education Foundation
Christian Benedi OBX SPCA
Ryan Henderson YMCA
Brant Honeycutt OBX Relief Foundation
Richard Bruce Beach Food Pantry
Philip Foreman Get Pinked (OBX Hospital)
Pictured above is Christian, one of the contestants, getting fashion tips in preparation for the event.
March 3rd 7-10pm – Kitty Hawk Kites, Nags Head, NC
On Saturday March 3rd 7-10pm Brindley Beach Vacations will hold a Tent Event at Kitty Hawk Kites, Nags Head. Nine men will put on their finest dresses, high heels, wigs and lipstick to raise money for American Cancer Society’s Outer Banks Relay for Life “Carnival For A Cure”. This crown, unlike other beauty contests, can be bought. The men will ask for donations; and the lovely “lady” who raises the most money wins the crown. But their escorts are the REAL winners – they are all cancer survivors, who will help solicit your generous donations.
STYLE DIVITA HAS TICKETS! Stop by this week to purchase your tickets for this great event